Thursday, October 7, 2010

Victor Calderone

After having missed Victor Calderone at Stereo Montreal this past weekend, I was inspired to write a short blog entry about this legend.  

Check out this recent interview with Victor by Art of Electronica to get you started :

Having seen VC live at least half a dozen times in Ottawa & Montreal, I can say with certainty that he knows how to deliver!  With being a Stereo resident, his "EVOLVE" nights are always popular & well received; he spins dark dirty beats from open at 1 am until close (usually 11 am or noon) with what appears to be relative easy & coolness.  If you have not experienced an Evolve night, please do so - you will not be disappointed!
* As a side note, my mother once told me she wanted to go to Stereo...I told her sure, anytime she wanted to go, I would take her. Her response: well no, I want to go when Victor is spinning ! LOL   

VC knows what he is doing! Originating from NYC, he has been in the business for about 20 years now doing everything from recording & producing tracks, touring the world to hosting his podcast!  Throughout the years, VC has been continuously "evolving" to create new sounds & push the mainstream boundaries.  

To get an idea of VC at Stereo please watch this amazing video:
A Journey in (((Stereo))) with Victor Calderone
Credits: directed, filmed & edited by Christian Pomerleau; produced by Gridspace

The first time I became more familiar with Victor was when my good friend Lee had lent me the Evolve CD for my drive home back from BeachClub.  Marty, Justin and I discovered who VC was & what his music was about.  And from there, the rest is history!  
    
I have had the pleasure of meeting Victor many times!  He has always been a gentleman, even when I was being a bit weird. It seemed that everytime I met VC I would ask him the same question : "Hi Victor, do you remember me? I just loved your set..." He would say yes, listen to me blab about his set, and take a picture with me.  Finally, one time he stopped me and asked me why I ALWAYS asked the same thing because his answer was always the same, YES he remembered me!! haha. Since then, it has become a bit of a joke within my group of friends.  

Sometimes I wonder what VC must think of his crazy fans...but I guess that comes with it?! Another time Lee & I had run into him on the street in Ottawa after his show.  Lee then proceeded to tell him : "hey man, Evolve changed my life, yes sir Evolve changed my life!" hahaha priceless...
Victor & I - BeachClub summer 2008

Victor & I - NV Ottawa, 11/09
You can check out 3 of his podcasts on iTunes:
Be sure to buy his tracks on Beatport! 

-*-*----------------------------------------------------------------------*-*-
Offical Webpage:
Facebook Fan Page:
MySpace Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment