Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Upcoming events !!!

It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting....

Photog: Paul Trepanier

I have not posted a blog entry in nearly a week. I do apologize but life has been hectic, I have not felt well, and I am saving any spare energy for the month of November.  To be honest, I feel that I have a block of negative energy that I just can’t kick…

Exciting News:
 
I sincerely want to thank everyone that has been reading my blog & providing such positive encouragement. The Life of the Party has readers in Canada, USA, UK, Hong Kong, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, and Spain. I’m certain that we will soon hit the 1,000 hit milestone.

Tonight is the DJ Magazine Top 100 DJ Awards ceremony at the Ministry of Sound in London England.  It is estimated that over half a million people voted from 235 countries, so who will be in the Top 100 this year? Personally, I voted for Chus & Ceballos, Victor Calderone, Danny Tenaglia, Sharam and D-Formation. It’s hard to narrow down the choice to only FIVE, but I felt this was representative of the DJs that I liked the most this year.  
The website “In The Mix” claims it has a leak of the results...while I do not mind waiting a few hours, check it out yourself at http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/48396/DJ_Mag_Top_100_results_leaked_early_yet_again
To sum it up: 1. Armin Van Buuren; 2. David Guetta; 3. Tiesto; 4. Deadmau5; 5. Above & Beyond; 6. Paul Van Dyk; 7. Gareth Emery; 8. Markus Schulz; 9. Ferry Corsten; and 10. Axwell. Interestingly, I have seen 9 out of the 10 top 100...all except Paul van Dyk. And none of the DJs I voted for are in this leaked Top 100...just goes to show you how much I know about music :P I will post the official version once it is out :)

Upcoming Events

Friday October 29th BUDDHA BAR scandalous Halloween party with Ryan L., DJ Lemy and Chris Endo, woop dont forget to dress up !  
* As one of my previous blog post states, I love this place – esp on Friday nights.
Event listing on Facebook:

THEN SCAREO at Stereo presents the VIVA tour with Steve Lawler, Leon, David Pher.
Tickets are $35. Available online through http://www.stereo-nightclub.com/  Ottawa & Montreal though Onaversal Promotions – Jason Jesse (613-866-8468) or Paulo Cardoso (514-572-2269),
* As a side note: last year Scareo was just unbelievable – pumpkins hanging from the ceiling, spooky decor, great costumes, simply put = extremely well done, best Halloween party I have ever been to!
Event listing on Facebook:

LOBBY’s 2nd anniversary on Friday November 5th, 2010 by invite only!
Event listing on Facebook:

Cedric Gervais with Etienne Ozborne at SOTTO November 5th, 2010
Tickets are $20. There are a few early bird tickets left at $15 ! Available online at  http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=135972, or again through Onaversal Promotions - Jason Jesse (613-866-8468) or Paulo Cardoso (514-572-2269)
Event listing on Facebook:

On top of these events, I am dedicating the month of November to...STEREO! It is their 11 year anniversary, and as you can tell or know, for me - Stereo is home.  Please stay tuned for more articles about why I love Stereo, if you want to submit your own paragraph or two on why YOU love Stereo I would be more than pleased to post it.

November at Stereo:
5/11 Misstress Barbara & Maus
6/11 Danny Tenaglia & Behrouz
12/11 Lee Burridge & Tiefschwarz
13/11 Victor Calderone with Nicolai Torreiro & Joubin
19/11 Richie Hawtin, Layo & Bushwacka
20/11 DJ Vibe & Stephan Grondin - maybe?
26/11 The Martinez Brothers & Filsonik
27/11 Chus & Ceballos and David Penn

** My birthday on Friday December 10th at Buddha Bar...details to follow ;)

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry that your 5 favs aren't on that list... u def. have better musical taste than most people out there!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, have to attend yo bday, mine's the same day though

    ReplyDelete