Monday, October 18, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday !

Last Thursday I posted my review about Black & Blue, but I thought it would also be a good idea to post other peoples opinions - someone new to the big party & a party veteran.  Therefore, I asked my best friend Audrey to provide commentary seeing as it was her first BIG party with thousands of people in a large venue with multiple rooms.  As always, she was a pleasure to party with & really took it all in. So this is what she had to say:
     Black & Blue was great! The overall feel of the party I loved. The immense blue balloons hanging from the ceiling in the House room to the lights and Egyptian backdrop in the Trance room, it was all very underground. The people there are of all ages, all with pleasant attitudes, and with the same focus in mind: FUN  & MUSIC! The energy from the excitement of the crowd in itself is something you have to go and experience at least once in your lifetime! It was a great opportunity to experience new DJs, new music, and an entirely new venue. For me, Black & Blue was a hit - I would definitely go to this event again!
     The music was INCREDIBLE! I had only been to House music parties before, and it was exactly what I was used to: Chus & Ceballos, Mark Anthony, and Hernan Cattaneo (AMAZING!!!). The Trance room was so different: the style of dance, the crowd, and evidently, the music were a complete change for me.  Luckily, Chloé and I went in the Trance room as Gareth Emery was spinning & he was fantastic!!! He was energetic, smiling, and interacting well with the crowd. Gareth was able to get me really excited about his music. He opened my eyes to a different genre.
     Being my first BIG party, I had no idea what to expect. I will be honest; it was a little overwhelming at times, but only because everything about it blew me away! There was so much going on, I was not always sure what to focus on or how to take it all in. There was no way for me to prepare for it mentally. My main recommendation for you, if attending your first large event, is to go in with a purpose (ie. excited about a specific DJ). It will give you a sense of completion and satisfaction once it is all over.
The party veteran that I was refering to is Joe Juarez - Dj event producer, Ottawa Canada.  Over the years, he has DJ'd all over & boasts impressive bookings & parties. So this is what he had to say about the party:
BBCM Foundation has once again proven that they are by far the top big party House/Electronica event producers of Montreal. The key word here is consistency. BLACK & BLUE always does a stellar job at carefully selecting and booking the premier underground scene DJ's to create a special vibe and atmosphere. The production, sound, animation, and performances are also top notch.
This year they added a second room featuring some amazing Tech Trance DJ's such as the legendary Marco V. I am not a huge Trance fan but I ventured into the room and was pleasantly surprised by the vibe, quality and energy of the room. The House room was pretty amazing all night with the like of ROSABEL, CHUS & CEBALLOS, MARK ANTHONY & HERNAN C. DJ Paulette's performance this year was a little too circuit like & commercial sounding and interrupted the flow of the night. No big deal though, it gave many of us the chance to check out the Trance room.
             Remembering that Black & Blue is a fundraiser and that BBCM is a foundation to support the HIV/Aids cause also adds high value to this event. So cheers to all involved with this year’s amazing BLACK & BLUE! See you next year and gracias! 
Thank you Audrey & Joe for your great commentary!

MEDIA: With no cameras allowed in, I did sneak a few pictures and two videos with my iPhone...the quality really isnt good, but at least you get an idea of what's happening...a bit...turn down your speakers because there is a lot of static!
" Dear Marco V, I love this song, thank you for playing it " 

"Gareth Emery - my future husband", haha gosh sometimes Im silly


I forgot to mention my outfit...while a blue wig was very theme appropriate, it was itchy & hot so it ended up in the garbage near the end of the night. And if I had a dollar for every person that asked Audrey & I about our eyelashes, we would have easily had $1,000 :) And really, I look for any excuse to wear my party princess LED light up skirt so I was happy to wear it :) Unfortunately no clear pictures :(

Audrey & I in front of Gareth Emery

 











*** Stay tuned this week as I will be posting an interview with...Hint: he is playing at Circus on Friday night! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment