Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ava Chloé

An overview:
I thought I would explain my views & direction for my blog.
The Life of the Party : Articles, Interviews, Pictures & Sounds.
Why? Simply because I am truly passionate about house music and want to share
my Passion with you.  I had been contemplating the idea of a blog for a long time, but suddenly last week the creative juices got flowing & I was bombarded by ideas.  And, here we are. I want to thank everyone for their support & encouragement so far – especially you Audrey; it really does means alot to me!

While I am only blogging about the music and parties for now, I hope to also DJ ! You see, I am quite intrigued by & attracted to the power and/or control a DJ has over the dance floor...a DJ’s attitude, set and energy can make or break a party...

You can expect 3 to 4 new posts per week, but as you all know life and living can get in the way!!!! I will also be contributing to the RhythmWORKS blog (http://www.rhythmworks.ca/).  Stay tuned for more information!

For my very first interview, I thought I would introduce myself
Ava Chloé
Name: Ava Chloé --
    Two years ago I created an alter-ego modeling identity Ava; so, for blogging & DJing I have used a combination of my modeling name & real name
Age : 25            Date of Birth : December 10th, 1984              Sign: Sagittarius

When I grow up: I want to be just like my mom!
Mom & I on the Vegas strip
Likes: family, friends, healthy lifestyle, yoga, walking, traveling, fashion, modeling, raspberries, candy, tea, theme parks, cleaning, learning, beaches, sun, smiling, laughing, hearts, meeting new people +++
Dislikes: body odour, over-use of communication tools, obese people, Tequila, fish, winter, negative energy, creeps, bland clothing, poor management, no direction, fleas, snakes, scary movies, the letter P +++

Quirky fact : please do not ever offer me mint flavoured gum at parties, I appreciate the offer but...it makes me barf! Fruity gum all the way

Favorite place to party: STEREO Montreal
Favorite International DJs: Chus & Ceballos, Victor Calderone, Sharam, Avicii, D-Formation, Danny Tenaglia, Marco V (this list requires its own blog post)
DJs I would like to see: Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, DJ Vibe, Peter Rauhofer, Lee Harris, Sydney Blu, Carl Cox, many many more +++
Favorite person on the dance floor: one of my best friend’s Audrey ! Positive, brilliant, funny, caring, energetic - she is one fun gal anytime.  Just be careful, Audrey can give the energizer bunny a run for its money. I can recall many instances "Aw but can't we stay for one more song?" love it & love her!
Wish List: to go to BPM in Playa del Carmen Mexico & Ibiza Spain, 2011
Dream job: International DJ

First DJ to see live?: Bob Sinclair & Digitalism in Milano Italy at the MTV Long Night party.  I had gone to the show to see Jay-Z & Bob Sinclair, but once Jay-Z was done everyone I went with wanted to leave, so I stayed there by myself. Then, I discovered I was standing next a few people from Montreal – small world!  When I was done, the subways were closed, it was pouring rain & there were no taxis – so I jogged half way across Milan just to get to the official after-party where I hung out with Jay-Z, his crew and the other models. 
Bob Sinclair
Me enjoying the Jay-Z show










First time I knew house music was in my heart: I am going to give credit to my Beijing family for this one. I had always liked house music, but it wasn`t until Beijing that my passion became apparent & continued to grow. The Beijing family – Bruna, Sabine, Nicole, Maria, Diego, Gustavo, Daniel, Andres & I, frequently went to a club called Bank where DJ Jackie would spin whatever we wanted until the wee hours of the morning.  After 3 am, we were usually the only ones left in the club so it was like a private party with our own DJ.  At the time, Yves Larock`s track ``Rise Up`` was tearing up the charts and so it became our theme song. Some nights we requested it so many times that Jackie would play it half a dozen times, and each time we would all go crazy.  Now, every time I hear that song, I still think of the Beijing family – some of the best people I have ever met, and the amazing times we had.
Throw back to Rise Up, you know you want to listen :

Some of the Beijing family at the club Suzie Wong on my last night in BJ
Why "The Life of the Party"? Easter Sunday 2010, I was at Bal en Blanc with Amin. We were pumped, wearing white, just met David Guetta, and danced to his set – yes, I heart David Guetta, guilty pleasure. Once he was done, we stuck around a bit, but decided to go see Erick Morillo at Stereo.  When we arrived, the energy was much different than Bal, so I got up on the riser in the middle of the dance floor and just started dancing & dancing. Shortly after I went to go see Mr. Morillo, and he thanked me for coming to his party, said that I brought a great positive energy & that I was THE life of the party.  Thanks Amin for the great weekend!

Amin & I ready for Bal



Audrey, me, Kimio & Glenn Morrison










And while you may think it is just a fluke to have one DJ praise my party skills & positive energy, it has happened on more than occasion...This summer at BeachClub, Audrey & I had the pleasure of partying with Glenn Morrison, Oscar G, and King Louis. It was a bit on the chilly side so there really wasnt a full beach, but the DJs delivered great sets, and we got to hang with them.  GM thanked us for coming & loved our private party in the DJ hut. That night, we ended up getting not one but two phone calls from GM & King Louis blabbing about how much fun we were...aww thanks fellas, we had a great time with you too!   

There you have it, The Life of the Party’s first completed interview! I will continue to share my party stories, facts and ideas with you over the next coming months...I just couldn’t reveal everything in one shot ;) xox
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also follow me on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment