Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Party Review: Victor Calderone

In continuation of the 11 year Stereo anniversary celebration month, Stereo Collective – Joubin & Nicola Torriero with special guest Victor Calderone certainly brought it on Saturday November 13, 2010. 

Upon arrival, Audrey & I got settled – we immediately noticed and were amazed by the new visual screens beside the DJ booth. Just when you think Stereo could not get any better – it does ! These screens are manned by the impressive videographer VJ Gridspace, who has taken great videos and pictures in Stereo. I really look forward to upcoming events to see what fun things will be on these screens.

SUPER AMAZING pictures from this event available at this link : VJ Gridspace at Stereo 13/11/2010

Joubin and Nicola Torriero were spinning great tracks, and the crowd had settled nicely on the dance floor. There was a great vibe in the place! I really cannot stress the importance of supporting the Montreal DJs. THEN…Victor’s entrance blew me away – as he stepped up to the decks, it sounded like a jet – or even better, a fighter jet - was landing on the Stereo dance floor. WOW! The first few hours of his set were really fantastic, track after track, it was moving. But what I love about Victor is that while he can provide high energy moments, he knows exactly when to incorporate a vocal track, or something a little more “mellow”.  Later in the night, it almost seemed that he lost a bit of “magic” – or was tiring out slightly – or I was tiring haha, and while his set was still great, it had lost a certain something. As a side note: we had also seen Victor in August at Stereo, and we noticed the same thing – high energy start & then a steady flow afterwards.  Nevertheless, it was a great night & we were happy to be a part of it.

((())) lights on the ceiling ((()))
I will say that Victor has some dedicated and devoted fans!  It seems that every second person you meet will claim they are Victor’s biggest fan…It cracks me up a bit. But he deserves the love…I had a small chat with Victor – show my appreciation towards his work.  I also just had to mention that every year I vote for him on the DJ Mag Top 100, and every year I tell him he deserves to be there. I realize he doesn’t care about this sort of thing (commercial awards), but once you see Victor at Stereo – you will understand, he is a master behind the controls & deserves to be recognized. But maybe Victor’s amazingness at Stereo is a better kept secret, whereby if you know – you know and if you don’t – you are certainly missing out ;) 


* Small video clip to tease you - mind you the sound quality is bad & I guess it overwhelmed my iPhone and cut out :P

If you have not seen Victor at Stereo, I would highly suggest checking him out next time.  He is a resident, so he is there fairly often – about every 3 months or so.  While I have seen him at other venues, he really does shine & step it up at Stereo. Time after time, I am never bored or disappointed by his Stereo sets. As a fan, I really get the feeling that he is enjoying himself and loving every minute of his set, along with the energy of the fantastic Montreal Stereo crowd. 

Thank you to everyone who was involved in making it a fabulous night !!!
((( <3 )))

Look at Sparkle - so tired w his droppy eyes! He is one tired unicorn lol

No comments:

Post a Comment