Wednesday, November 10, 2010

((( My First Time )))

My First Time
My first time at Stereo was in April 2008 with PG, JB, H-AS, EK & SG after a night out at club Opera.  We had decided to venture to Montreal to visit one of my international friends Florian from Switzerland – it is not every day that European friends are a short drive away.  After having a great time at Opera, we were ready to say goodbye to Florian since he had an early morning flight, and say hello to Stereo…we were ready to begin our new clubbing journey.  And little did I know, Stereo was going to change my life…Having partied all over the world, I was curious to see what was awaiting us…

Old School Stereo

We bought our tickets at Stereo bar, and I remember thinking it was rather expensive at about $25 each. Oh to be inexperienced haha. AND then we waited patiently in Stereo bar for Stereo the club to open…Stereo bar was not fancy, but I could see the excitement in PG’s eyes as he had told us such great stories about this club (ie the night where Danny T spun an 18 hr set)…so with all that anticipation, the wait was excruciating…

Stereo - from back corner
 As I walked up the stairs and emerged onto the dance floor, I was just in awe of the giant disco ball, the stars hanging from the ceiling, just the beauty of this place – back before the renovations, it was more underground. I stood in the left back corner and took everything in; I immediately knew I was at home. I was so happy dancing on that dance floor to the amazing sound system surrounded with likeminded party people.  DJ Vibe was supposed to be spinning that night, but unfortunately he could not make it…one of the Stereo residents replaced him & it was my music to my ears haha.

Stereo new design : Look from the DJ booth !
Naturally we weren’t mentally or physically prepared for the evening – the girls were wearing high heels & had dresses on, we had all drank quite a bit of liquor at Opera, and it was a high energy night – by 5 am or so, we were done! Short but sweet ;)

Stereo new design : the dancefloor ~ beautiful !


And that is how my love affair with Stereo began...PG remembers that I was the only one who did not want to leave – surprise surprise, and apparently as we exited I declared that I had found the love of my life & that I would have the Stereo logo tattooed to me...
Saturday Nov 6 - Danny T - pic Christian Pomerleau

Do you remember your first time? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment